Joining in the blog hop from L. Williams!
1. Do you actually always pick the horse's feet? Always? Really?
100% before every ride/lunge/walk up the lane yes. I'm not so great about doing it after though.
2. What is the biggest obstacle/reason preventing you from becoming a professional or competing full time with ease?
Both the talent and the will. Firstly I'm a mediocre rider so there is no way I could be professional. Secondly, I love my day job, I worked my little ass off for it and I do a damn good job at it, can't see myself giving that up any time soon.
3. Do you think it will ever not be about the money?
Not if you're wanting to be competitive no, if you're just enjoying playing ponies then obviously some money is required but it's not the single most important thing.
4. Was there ever a horse that you loved and really wanted to have a connection with, but it just never panned out?
I wish I could have had a better relationship with Bella (my dad's old horse). I loved her and she was part of the family but we just never really clicked.
5. What is one weakness in your riding that even your trainer doesn't pick up on, only you?
Now this isn't the most fair question because I don't have a regular trainer, but I don't think anyone notices how much I lean in until they look back on pictures later but I know I'm doing it.
6. What is your biggest doubt/insecurity that you ask or tell yourself in your head?
That I've ruined/am ruining my horses
7. There is a barn fire, you are the first person to discover it and see that the roof is collapsing in slowly and you can tell it's going to come down any time. Do you call people first or head straight in to save the horses?
Ahaha cheating on this one sorry, my horses don't have stables.
8. What is one event in your riding career/horse/anything that you're still not over even though you might tell others you are?
I don't think I'll ever really forgive myself for riding Sunny in a saddle that turned out to be a really bad fit for him.
9. If you could tell off one person that you just don't like, what would you say?
I can't really think of one particular person or one thing that bothers me that much lol. I'll probably post this then think of loads and regret saying that.
10. Have you ever seen questionable riding or training practices, but let it go/ignored it? How do you feel about it in hindsight?
I think we all have in general but I can't think of anything I've seen that was close enough to me that I would have been able to say something, as in someone I know personally.